Thursday, February 22, 2007

Here I Go Again

I am a lean, green, blogging machine. Six days behind me of back to back buying for my little store, hours walking up and down the Javits Center, beautiful weather outside, endless chatter about retail stuff... Two more days left.
I am doing the fall buying (and some last-minute spring/summer buying) for my little East Village boutique. This is a super fun part about owning a store and super exhausting as well. In my endless quest for awesome eco-fashion, I have attended multiple trade shows and showroom appointments here in NYC. I have done a lot of buying and a lot of talking.
I am setting up this blog so that I can share all of my hard work with you. Not everyone can make it into my little store here in NYC, but you can find a lot of the stuff that I sell at a store near you, and if you can't, you can tell your favorite boutiques about the labels I carry and see if they can't get them in their shops. That way, you can support some of the awesome companies that I buy from and help them to grow and become a powerful force in the retail market.
Maybe you already know about Stewart Brown and Loomstate, but I have got tons of other eco-friendly fashions in my store.
For now, I will share a bit about the denim lines that I carry. I just ordered Lee Jeans (that's right, Lee) Gold Label Organic Cotton Denim. How cool is that? Aoki Jeans are quickly becoming a favorite and you can see them right now on the cover of Domino Magazine's March issue, modeled by the lovely Shalom Harlow. Try to tear my Del Forte Jeans off off me; for my booty, these are the best fit so far.... OK, we all know Loomstate, but I've got them and they are great. Anna Cohen did a smashing skinny trouser last season. And Kuyich, a great line from the Netherlands that includes tons of denim, should be coming some time soon.
Pictures will come soon... I know, all we really want to do is look at pretty pictures, but it is late and I must refuel.

No comments: